Join the Team
Help Revive the Art of Sewing
Creative people with a mission
Few things affect your quality of life more than your work environment.
We believe that happiness comes from working toward something you believe in, and using your true, deep-down strengths and talents to do it. And if you can do that surrounded by smart, compassionate, good-hearted people in a relaxed and beautiful setting, all the better.
At Colette, our mission is to revive the art of sewing.
If that's what you believe in too, take a look at our openings to see if there's a fit.
All full time positions include competitive salaries, health and dental benefits, and flexible time off plans.
Linux System Administrator (contract)
Colette Media is looking for a contract Linux sysadmin for a long-term relationship.
What we need
We run a number of web sites on a couple virtual servers. We've been maintaining these servers ourselves but are now looking for someone to take over basic sysadmin duties. This is basically just:
- Configuration of services
- Troubleshooting performance, stability, or configuration issues as they arise
- Incident response in the event of outages
Who you are
We're open to working with individuals or contracting with an IT services company. You or your company will be perfect for this work if:
- You have experience running Ubuntu web servers running Rails and PHP applications
- You can be available on call in the event of an outage (which doesn't happen often!)
- It would be nice if you are located in Portland, Oregon, but we’re open to working with someone remote
Technology we're using
You'll need to be familiar with (or able to quickly pick up) the following:
- Ubuntu Linux
- Apache (running mod_php for WordPress sites)
- Passenger (as an Apache module, for Rails applications)
- Server monitoring via New Relic
Colette Media is a small publisher of sewing patterns and books, and a monthly online magazine. You can learn more about us on our web site.
How to apply
If you are interested in working with us, we’d like the following:
- A bit about yourself and the type of work you do
- Links to your web site or client list
- Your hourly rate
Please email the above to [email protected] with the subject line "I want to work with Colette".