Join the Team
Help Revive the Art of Sewing
These are our current openings. Don’t see something that fits you right now?
Sign up to be notified when we post something new!
Position: Sample Sewer (part time, contract, work from home)
We’re seeking an experienced and fast sample sewer to help us create finished garment samples and step-outs for our publications and patterns.
Who we are:
We're Colette Media, and our mission is to revive the art of sewing. We do that through a line of beautiful home sewing patterns, books, and Seamwork Magazine. We aim to educate and inspire people to make their own clothing.
We're looking for an expert contract sample sewer to help us create beautiful photo-ready garments and fit samples.
Unlike in most sewing jobs, we do more than produce goods for sale. We teach and inspire others to learn to sew, and you will be contributing directly to that goal while working directly with an enthusiastic, creative, caring group of people.
- Create beautiful finished sample garments for use in product and editorial photo shoots.
- Work with our creative teams to craft step-outs and samples for educational content, such as articles and videos.
- Provide input on pattern changes, adjustments, order of operation, and construction techniques.
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for someone with the following skills:
- Experienced sewist with strong knowledge of garment construction techniques.
- Ability to sew garments quickly.
- Basic understanding of pattern making is helpful.
- Knowledge of home sewing techniques is helpful.
You will be working at your own location, with frequent visits to our office in inner NE Portland to meet with our pattern team and pick up and drop off materials and samples.
How to apply:
If you are interested in working with us, please fill out this application form to get started.
Don’t see a good fit right now?
Enter your name and email address here and we'll let you know when new positions open up.